Thursday, September 11, 2008

AND YOU THOUGHT I COULDN'T CAMP!

We have been here one week and boy o boy has it been a roller coaster ride.
The flights were great. We had a jerk of a limo driver, but from then on, everyone was outstanding and very helpful. Fayth did great on the flight from Chicago to New York, spending time looking out the window and then from New York to Dubai, she slept and played the entire time.
We are up and running and our furniture arrives tomorrow!! Thank goodness!! For those of you who said I could never camp...ha ha...I surely have this week. We spent the first few nights at a hotel with a child who was "all screwed up" and her days and nights were switched! To be expected right?? Dora with a proper english accent, a sippy of milk, and wide awake with mom & dad in bed at 3:00 am. This is how we spent our first few nights. I have to say, it was actually kind of fun!!! Then, we moved into our apartment with a wonderful view. We call it our new home. Fayth says, "Home" when we hit the elevators. She also says, Chloe...Roo..and Miss Amy. She is royally confused but still always smiling and laughing of course. I swear to god she thinks she is Little Miss Dubai and waves like Miss America to everyone. She is the ONE AND ONLY 19 month old with blonde hair and blue eyes in the entire emirate. People just adore her! She is definately the best dressed little lady of Dubai.
Anyway, back to the apartment...and I promise not every blog entry will be this long...
Fayth went straight to her room, which of course was the first one decorated and done! She is in a pack and play and loving life. Her schedule is coming around. We hope to have her back to normal in no time. Jon and I on the other hand spent the first two night on the concrete with one "half ass" aero bed we fried and blew up and a twin blow up from Hyperpanda (Dubai's version of Walmart)!! All I have to say is thank god for the Hyperpanda. We switched off 1/2 way through the night so our backs wouldn't break. Then we got smart and took the mattress off Fayth's toddler bed and I've been on that ever since. So, this is the closest I have been or will ever be to CAMPING!! We have spent endless hours shopping, building furniture from Ikea, and getting use to the time change. It has been wonderful to have Jon home with us on a nightly basis. Fayth and I have spent our days reading books, swimming at the pool, doing playdoe, coloring & scrapbooking, pushing dolly around in her stroller and walking to market to get fresh produce and meat for dinner. I have actually made nice dinners for us the past few nights. It is starting to come together. We will look back on this week and always remeber it...that is for sure!!
The good news is...I am now a proud owner of a laptop thanks to party money, gramie's and gammy's!! SO...watch out PJ and Cindy Meis...I am going to learn how to BLOG!! I promise it will never be this long again. And it won't be daily. But, I will get in the swing of things and learn how to add a ton of photos. We miss you all and send our love from Dubai. Please keep in touch and forward this site onto anyone and everyone I've missed!! Love and Hugs, The Evenson "Little Family of 3"

7 comments:

Karen Baird said...

I'm with you Suzanne...no camping for me! Sounds like the adventure has begun! Enjoy every precious moment with your happy little family! Keep those pics coming...love your blog!
xoxox,
Karen

Ms. Mayhem said...

So glad you will have a blog, I know you won't post daily, but I will still check VERY often. Oh, and check your email I referred the UWW alumni center to you...because of your awesome adventure, I think you and Jon should be showcased in the magazine as cool alumni. They may try to reach Jon via linkedin. Chow baby-cm.

Ms. Mayhem said...

Oh, and welcome to Blogville!

Amy Hayes said...

I was just wondering if Dubai has it's own version of TJ Maxx? Don't get me wrong...... Dubai's version of Wal-Mart sounds great and all, but I know you'll bore of that. It sounds as if you have many cool adventures ahead of you. We miss you here, though!

The Hayes Fam
P.S. thanks for teaching me what a blog is!

PJ said...

Congrats on mastering the art of the blog. Look forward to reading about your adventures!

Midge said...

This blog is great! Sounds like you have everything under control already, Suzanne. The apartment looks beautiful. Glad to hear that you are out and about already. Keep in touch.
All the best,
Midge

Kristen said...

I love your bolg! what a great way to keep us all informed of what you are all up to! Your apartment is amazing too! It looks like you are all settling in just fine! Keep in touch!
Miss you!
Kristen