Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Birthday Celebration!!

Wasn't going to "BLOG" about my own birthday, but it happened to be a really really nice one and I wanted to share a few things. Turning 34 in Dubai was a lot of fun! Jon, with the assistance of his friends at the Al Manzil, set up a really nice "Friday Brunch" reservation along with surprising me with a gorgeous and YUMMY cake!! Fayth was an angel at brunch which never really happens lately, the brunch was outstanding, and the surprise cake with about 20 employees around singing brought HAPPY tears to my eyes. In the afternoon, Fayth and Daddy sang once again and gave me my present and cards. Fayth picked out her own card...and guess what...I turned 10 and I must love Tinkerbell...because that was my card from her. Jon said she insisted that is the one I'd LOVE!! How cute it that!! I received a beautiful ring I designed with a gemstone I already had. I LOVE the gemstone because it looks like Fayth's blue eyes but never really cared for the setting. The perfect evening to a perfect day (My friend Jules agress with this) Pizza and an ice cold beer. Pizzeria Uno...YES FROM CHICAGO...opened last week in the mall by our house. So, we headed over to the mall, ordered a pizza to go, went and saw the "fishies and sharks" picked up our pizza and headed home. Fayth went to bed and Jon and I ate pizza, drank beer, and watched the movie "No Reservations!" All in all...a wonderful birthday celebration.
Thanks for all the well wishes via mail, email, skype calls, phone calls, singing, etc...It was a great birthday!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I love reading this every week. You make me laugh so hard. The whole family looks so happy and I must say you look great! I missed you at Jim and Jill's holiday party! Take care, Lori P.S. I love Fayth's dress!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like your peeps took care of you love- Emily

Ms. Mayhem said...

I'm not a jerk, I don't remember any birthdays. So, glad to see you had a fun one.