Monday, July 6, 2009
Top 20 "LINGO"
This is for fun!! It's going to represent Aussies vs. Americans and what we call things!!
My buddy, KellyAnne, is from Australia and it's so funny sometimes the way we "talk" to eachother and try to figure out what each other means!! So, here's our top 20 list:
1. We say Sprinkles, they say 100's & 1000's
2. We say gumdrops, they say jubs
3. We say candy, they say lollies
4. We say vacation, they say holiday
5. We say stroller, they say pram
6. We say cotton candy, they say fairy floss (my favorite!)
7. We say cookies, they say biscuits
8. We say soda or pop, they say soft drink
9. We say peppers, they say capsicum
10. We say flip-flops, they say thongs
11. We say couch, they say lounge
12. We say markers, they say texters
13. We say granola bar, they say muesli
14. We say chips, they say crisps
15. We say french fries, they say chips
16. We say frosting, they say icing
17. We say crib, they say cot
18. We say take turns, they say have a go!
19. We say very good, they say very nice!
20. We say breakfast, lunch and dinner, they say breakfast, lunch and tea!
That's just some of the words we use that are different!! Isn't is so interesting??!! We had fun making the list!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I really like the fairy floss too. I also really like cotton candy. Blue is the best. Tell KA I say hi.
I thought of another one....you call them sweaters and I call them jumpers. he he he xxKA
In Pittsburgh when we lived there we learned sprinkles were called "jimmys" and rubberband were called "gumbands"!
Post a Comment