"Happy Father's Day" to "Pookie" and Semih!! We woke up, got dressed, and went down by the sea again for an outdoor breakfast. It was a perfect way to celebrate Father's Day!! The cafe was adorable and served yummy skillet omelets...they were so good! Of course, we also enjoyed cheese, bread, olives, and tomatoes and cucumbers, as well, since that is "traditional breakfast food" for Turkish people! Fayth was a good girl at breakfast and Aras snacked on his first ever cucumber!! It was a leisurely breakfast to remember...A fabulous Father's Day in Istanbul. After breakfast, we decided to have Semih & Aysun drop us off at a park near their home. They needed a "little break from us" and we wanted to have some family time since Jon was leaving to come back to Dubai later in the afternoon. It was HOT but we played, for some time, at the park with our "two kids!" ... baby & Fayth!! I made daddy and Fayth have a little photo op since it was Father's Day. The pictures turned out great!! Then, later in the day we hung out, daddy left for the airport, Fayth napped FOUR hours, and Aysun's two cousins (one of which I met in Dubai) came over with a prepared dinner to have with us on the balcony. They also brought with them the most spectacular banana cake ever!! I swear...it's a good thing I don't live in Turkey...I would be the size of a small house!! We ate their yummy Turkish dinner (I really LOVED it...(it was like cous cous, tomato, basil, olive oil, and you wrap it in lettuce leaves...yum!!) , drank chai tea on the balcony, had about three different kinds of dessert and chatted for hours!! It was such a wonderful day from start to finish!!
Gotta love Semih and Aras' matching GAP t's!! Too cute and appropriate for F. Day!!
Daddy had his own little private Father's Day before we left and got an IPAD from Fayth and me and a wonderful homemade card and laminated ribbon which he LOVES!!
1 comment:
iPad- I'm jealous- I want to hear all about it Jon!
Post a Comment