Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas X 3

Saturday was spent "celebrating x-mas" with Fayth's 3 best friends. We started out having breakfast with Max, Dana and Alan at our place. The kids exchanged gifts, Dana brought breakfast to us, and Fayth was in heaven. She LOVED her princess craft book filled with crown making, wand constructing and so much more...we spent our "down time" during the day completing lots of the things the book had to offer. She also LOVED her Hello Kitty, eco-friendly, water bottle. She's been peeing all day because she loves using her new canteen!! It was a great morning!!
Then, late afternoon, our "Carnival on the Lawn" got canceled due to the rain so Crue, Miss Cara, and Craig stopped over for awhile so the kids could exchange gifts. Fayth was in heaven receiving two awesome books, Barbie and Belle, and a GORGEOUS pair of 18 carat white gold earrings with pink gemstones. She loved them both and can't wait to try out her new earrings. Her gammy bought her the special pearl earrings, she's had since birth, and we've never changed them. They have matched everything, had special meaning, and have been so sweet in her ears...So now, we will "brave the waters" and give the new pretty pink ones a try!! It was a fun time exchanging with Crue and he loved his new truck book!
Finally, the evening ended with a walk to "The Palace" hotel with our friends Ry Ry, KellyAnne and Glenn. We headed over for a free festive evening of carolers, tree lighting, and a surprise visit from Santa!! It is a very prestigious hotel, in downtown Burj Dubai, and was decorated beautifully. Moms, Dads, strollers and kids were everywhere. We all had the same idea...FREE, FESTIVE, FUN!!! We coordinated to get there early, get a good seat, and allow the kids to exchange their presents at the hotel. Fayth was spoiled once again!! She got a HUGE Barbie veterinarian set, Barbie lip gloss, and a cutie Hello Kitty candy & sticker dispenser. We were given hot mulling spiced wine and yummy treats! Candles were lit everywhere and it was really nice. We joined in the singing, watched the lighting of the tree, saw Santa make his guest appearance. Then we got the "heck outta there" and headed for some Gelato at Souk Al Bahar! It was a picture perfect Christmas in Dubai with our best buds!! Fayth was digging "all the presents!" Lastly, I must tell you...from KA... I got the coolest gift...from Kikki. K...it is a binder for "My Dream House!" The best part...I've been cutting out pictures, furniture, counter tops, etc...for years and years...and NOW I HAVE AN AWESOME BINDER TO ORGANIZE IT ALL...labels and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right up my alley...organization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always loved looking in the store window at Kikki. K. thinking "that's how I want my future home office." Well, now I have a binder to get me started!!
TO all of our friends...thank you for a wonderful Saturday filled with laughs, love, and good cheer not to mention fabulous gifts!!

1 comment:

The Vanneys said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun celebrating Xmas! I'm so bummed we missed out on the Emirati Santa Claus...I must get a pic of Miss V and him next year. See you in February...looks like you are getting some new neighbors! :P