Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Lucky Little Lady...

Aysun, our friend, is so good to Fayth. Yesterday she came over bearing Christmas gifts. She is Muslim and doesn't even celebrate XMAS but knows we do and had to bring Fayth some presents!! We had invited her to make cookies with us but she had a friend come by and wasn't able to join us. She stopped by later and gave Fayth a Hello Kitty stuffed animal, which Fayth loved...she LOVES Hello Kitty & some cotton pajamas. The cotton jammies are an "inside joke"...the long and short of it...I got "yelled" at because I had Fayth sleeping in silky jammies or polyester and Aysun said she needed to have cotton to whisk away her sweat at night...she told me this was why Fayth kept getting a cold last "winter"...not because of ALL the GERMS at preschool!! Anyway, she bought her new jammies to make her point clear...it was hysterical and Fayth stripped down to her undies and put them on right away. She loved her two gifts!!! I also got a present...I LOVED a sweater Aysun had on when we went to tea, the other afternoon, and commented on it a few times. I was going to head to Zara and by it myself...well, wa-la, she bought me the sweater, which was totally uncalled for, but I LOVE IT!! So, once again, we are lucky to have such wonderful new friends in Dubai!! Fayth really loves Aysun and was a gracious gift opener!! Thank goodness!! She even went running out after Aysun because she didn't want her to leave. We sent her home with some freshly baked cookies that Fayth picked out!! Aysun and Semih, thanks for being so thoughtful and kind. We appreciate your friendship.
***As I've blogged earlier...their baby, Aras, is still in the NICU. He is gaining weight and getting stronger...just happens at such a snail pace. Aysun just wants her "little man" home to hold & love. This has been very hard of both of them and they have remained very strong & positive. We wish them only the best and continue to give our support whenever we can!

No comments: