Saturday, September 19, 2009

Aussies are Awesome Cooks!!

Last night, our friends KellyAnne, Glenn and Ry Ry had us over for an evening of food, fun, fantastic laughs and FOOD!!! We had such a super time and ate like HOGS!!
We had bacon wrapped mushrooms, Doritos and salsa, biscuits and dip, sausage rolls with tomato sauce, lasagna, fried rice, Italian crumbed fried chicken breast, garden salad, fruit platter, with passion fruit (something new I've never had) and good ole Aussie Tim Tams and Mint Slices...they are chocolate bikkies (cookies). Yum Yum...
Well this is the kicker...I am doing online Weight Watchers...and...I get 35 bonus points a week...last night...I used 45 of them and my week started on Thursday!!!!!!! Oh, YES!!! Not to mention the cocktails that went down like water. They are our friends from Australia and they can cook!! We told them we could look forward to every Friday night at their place!! They laughed!! Both KellyAnne and Glenn prepared the dishes. Glenn is a great chef himself!! Thanks, guys...it was so great...I've eaten water and oatmeal today and that's IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stay tuned to tomorrow's blog...a surprise party...YES...and more food!!!!
P.S. Jill...does that dress bring back Chloe memories and those cutie shoes...it did for me!! We brought back the "last" of Chloe's hand me downs...so stay tuned and you will see her in some of Chloe's 3t's. And to Lori...you too...thanks for THE BAG of goodies...she will be sporting those soon as well! Thanks GIRLS!!!

2 comments:

Amy Hayes said...

My friend from Australia seriously just sent me pics of her sausage rolls with tomato sauce (ketchup) last night! She told me they had a sausage sizzle (BBQ)with jelly's (jello) and cans of drink! Too funny - those Aussies can cook!

Anonymous said...

We are passionate about food and sharing it with special friends! We had so much fun cooking and we can't wait to do it all again for you guys soon. xxka