Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Mini Vacation

Our trip to Fujairah was once again a great "escape" from the hustle and bustle of Dubai. It's a fun drive because you see tons of camels, goats, mountains, dunes, etc. It only takes about an hour and a half to get there but seems like you are so far away!!
We spent three days and two nights at the JAL Resort and Spa. The best part of this resort is it is totally "kid" friendly and you walk straight out of the hotel and you are yards away from the five pools and gorgeous Indian Ocean. Fayth had a blast because Crue was there and also Kohl (a new friend to play with). Cara's buddy Chandell came for two weeks to visit her and brought her 4 year old son Kohl with her. Her husband is home with her little 3 year old daughter!!! Let's just say we thought our trip being 16 hours from Chicago to Dubai was long...Chandell's trip from Canada to Dubai was 26 hours!! No Joke!! However; as she said...it's been well worth it and much more manageable with one child vs. two!!
As for the weekend, this is what we did:
we swam, we drank, we swam, we ate, we swam, we collected shells, we played in the sand and we chatted for three days straight!! It was a blast and wonderful birthday get-a-way for Jon!! Boozie Suzie made a return Thursday afternoon. We had an episode with our daughter at breakfast, let's just leave it at that, so I left without hardly eating and then forgot about lunch. Sun and Vodka will do that to ya!! By 4:00 p.m. I felt happy and numb!!
I will post a few more photos when I get them...but here are a few from the trip!!! We sure had some Good Times!!!!!
Some of the photos are foggy...that is because it was SO HOT OUT and the lens would steam up.
P.S. For those of you who knew I LOVED the name Lexi for a girl when I was prego...well thanks to Dave Schlee and his "stripper" comment...she became a "Fayth" instead. Probably a good thing...the performance at breakfast would have made Dave's comment come true!! I thought I was going to KILL her!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Fayth is a cutie in her ducky floaties! It looks like you guys had a blast! luv ya

jill c said...

Well looks like you guys had a great time. OMG we could have used that ice cream cone dress for Samantha's birthday.