Monday, August 2, 2010

The Cat's OUTTA the Bag...

Yes...we tried to make it a big surprise and special...but "GOSSIP" never goes as planned, right??!! So...here we go...we are MOVING home!!! Wanted to tell everyone in person and so far so good (only have been home one week) but word got out and it traveled like a wildfire!!
So, you ask how we are feeling............BITTERSWEET.............however; for Jon's career, this is a great move for us! Jon will be heading up the Emergency Management Service, at a corporate level, for his current company RJA Group. Jon will be responsible for building the EM service globally. You ask...will he still travel...the answer is YES. Hopefully not as much as he was before we made the move to Dubai. I "kinda" liked having him home for dinner and not jet-lagged all the time!!
Our plan...
Fayth is HOME for good and Jon and I will return to Dubai this Sunday for three weeks to close up shop, pit-stop in London ( a final v-ca for awhile...probably a LONG while) and plan to come back the first of September.
And YES...we said and did our good-byes with Fayth before heading to Paris and then home. It was good-bye Max, Veronica, Alma, Zayneb, good-bye Miss Kristy, good-bye Burj Khalifa, good-bye candy store, good-bye fishies & sharks, and so much more!! I cried through it all!! I have had a zit the size of Texas for three weeks, and have gained 5 lbs. in one month!! Evidently, I'm not good under stress!
Now...don't want you to think we are not happy to be home...because we are...and being home has given us a great warm fuzzy feeling...it's just...we were mind set on another and final year in Dubai, had our housing contract filled out, Fayth registered for school...yadda yadda...and our life in Dubai was, well...simple and nice...and truly an enjoyable two years!!!
So...that's it in a Nutshell!!
Sorry if you are finding out via a blog...it's just we are so BUSY and CRAZY (as you can only imagine) we haven't been able to call all our friends.
And...for those of you who have had "welcome home for the summer" parties...WELL...they were really perfect and turned into WELCOME HOME "for good" parties!! We appreciate all the hard work you've gone through and fun times we've had in the past week. I think at one point we are going to collapse and sleep for a solid week!!
NOW...I'll end with an exciting picture...Jon's new ride............and I'm so jealous!!! However; yippy skippy...I'm getting my great car back from my sis...my Mountaineer and couldn't be more excited. Thanks Dan and Cindy...see...things happen for a reason!!
So...a few more backtracking blogs to come soon and the life of the blog will be over and..."history!" It's been such a FUN ride............................thanks for taking it with us.

2 comments:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Add to your to-do list, get the blog printed (book format) blurb.com

Nancy Raffaelli said...

I am glad you will be back home but I sure will miss the blog!