Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Goodbye Dubai...

As most of you know...I'm not good with goodbyes! I have enjoyed this journey with my family & will hold it near and dear to my heart forever! I want to THANK YOU for coming along with us over the past two years...whether you've read this blog once, a few times, or each & every day...you've inspired me to continue writing & sharing our life experiences, with you, from 7,000 miles away!! It is now time to close this chapter of our lives and come HOME!! We can't wait to be back by our families & friends and look forward to living our "new life" in Crystal Lake, Illinois! So, for now it's goodbye and you can find me on Facebook! I PROMISE to post ONE final post when I hear about the show date for HGTV. I suspect it will be sometime early next year!! I am leaving with a few quotes I feel express my feelings right now!! Goodbye Dubai!! :-)
Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos. ~Charles M. Schulz
Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. ~Henry David Thoreau
How lucky I am to have "had" (I added the word had) something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie
Where is the good in goodbye? ~Meredith Willson, The Music Man (Thanks, Thomas)
Goodbyes are not forever.Goodbyes are not the end.They simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again!~Author Unknown

6 comments:

Jill C said...

Evenson Family,

We are all so happy you are coming home and can not wait for you to be back, but I know how bittersweet this is for you. We were so lucky to experience your life in Dubai with you and what a great place and 2 years you had. Welcome back and we can not wait to spend the time with you and watch our kids grow together.

We Love you guys.

The Carasso Family

Nancy Raffaelli said...

Thanks so much for sharing the last 2 years with us. You have given many the chance to experience something that we will never be able to experience on our own.

Ms. Mayhem said...

Love and hugs. -C

(and you won't believe it, but my word verification for this comment was "suzonic", funny, right?)

dionne said...

I don't understand why this can't be the "Adventures in Crystal Lake" blog? Travel home safe! See you soon! xo

Schlee family said...

I agree with Dionne...I'd like the blog to continue please! :)

Ms. Mayhem said...

Maybe re-name it...Return to Suburbia. Yes? I suspect you will still have ALOT to blog about.