Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Almost a WHITE Christmas!!!

This morning, Christmas Eve morning, when we woke up it was WHITE and foggy outside!!! It was like nothing I'd ever experienced especially living up this high with windows surrounding our apartment. It was so beautiful over the tower...Jon rushed outside to take a photo. I love how the fog was deep, thick and low and just the tower "peeked" out at the top...surreal.
Then about a half an hour later it was spooky........white, white and more white. I could barely see a few feet out of the windows. I sent a friend here in Dubai an email that said "We may have a white Christmas after all!" I tried to take a photo and the camera wouldn't work because it had nothing to focus on but WHITE THICK FOG! Finally, the fog lifted and then the top of the tower was covered and the lower downtown Dubai was back in our view as good as new!! It was really neat. Wish my former 1st grade students could have watched it from our windows. What a powerful lesson about fog and the process it goes through! Turns out it was a blue sky beautiful day!! No WHITE Christmas after all!!

No comments: