Cards, gifts and boxes are starting to make it all the way here just in time for Christmas!! I am pretty impressed with some of you and you're Christmas cards. You must have sent them out very early because we have received a bunch already! WOW...impressive!! The mail to Dubai is very "frustrating!" Some times it takes three to four weeks...other times it's a quick five days. However; when we send a card from here to the states...it without a doubt takes three LONG weeks at least!
Well, yesterday we received boxes from Gammy & Papa Evenson and as we were opening them there was one gift that wasn't going to make it until Christmas morning! It was in a huge garbage bag and Fayth was so excited she could hardly stand it. So, we gave in...It's the softest bear you've ever felt.
Side bar...many of you have asked if they celebrate Christmas here. The answer is...the ex patriots from all over the world do but the Muslims do not. They, however, don't frown upon the holiday and actually teach their children about Christmas and embrace our Christian religion. I just read a very interesting article that the "locals" enjoy the way the malls are decorated and all of the holiday spirit! Also, a ton of restaurants here do traditional meals with visits from Santa, Christmas carols, and so much more. I must say FRUIT CAKE, YULE LOGS, and Gingerbread treats are HUGE here!! You can order and take away all of these items and so much more. The UAE definitely has things down to a science and many hotels and restaurants take the opportunity to offer Christmas meals.
We plan on opening gifts, playing for awhile, heading to the beach with breakfast and coming back for a jammie day so Fayth can play with her new things!!! I am going to prepare Lasagna before X-mas eve and we are going to "eat on that" for a few days. It seems silly to head to brunch for about 130.00-250.00 US dollars per person when Fayth doesn't like to sit still and Jon and I are such picky eaters.
Hanging out, relaxing, and watching Fayth play it how we want to spend our Christmas.
1 comment:
Those pics are great! I think it's funny that she was so excited she just couldn't wait! That's what it is all about!! Sounds like you will have a great Christmas...at the beach!Wonderful. I don't have my card in the mail to Dubai...sorry. I send lots and lots of hugs! miss you guys! Can't wait until February! xoxoxo
Post a Comment