Today is still part of the "Eid holiday" so Jon has been off of work since Friday. Eid is a Muslim religious holiday and kids are off of school and businesses are closed through Tuesday. So today we planned a day with our friends Dana, Alan and Max. It was beautiful here today...about 76 and sunny! We started at our apartment and walked to have coffee and goodies. Then we headed towards the big Dubai Mall. Dana's husband had yet to see it so it was fun for Jon to tell him and "show" him the ins and outs of the mall. Dana and I loved the fact that we just walked & talked and had NO responsibility...so this time Dana captured a great photo of the guys from behind. They did look so cute pushing the strollers!! After our tour of the mall, we headed into the Birkenstock store for the 100th time, I swear. Dana and I have tried on every pair of "birkies" in every mall for the past few months. The store manager at the Dubai Mall is sick of us...really sick of us. EVERYONE in Dubai wears them and we just couldn't decide if they were comfortable or NOT!! Instantly, Jon found a fabulous pair and wouldn't take them off. So then Dana's wheels were turning...she said if we all bought shoes could they work us a deal?? Well...the rest is history. So once again, we tried on black patent, hot pink, gold, white, cream, bronze, teal, lime green, just about every shoe in the joint. The guys were the judges...and over an hour later (mind you...kids were both conked)...we FINALLY bought a pair...and not only do we each own a pair...we now have matching colors!! They are silver thong...oh, how cute!! Yes, we have fallen into the "fad" of Dubai...and now we can look like real residents. Alan tells us we can join the "tree huggers" and "smokin' group...if ya know what I mean??!! Our shopping experience will be a memory I have forever. Damn it...our feet better not hurt. They better be as wonderful as we've heard...otherwise we've wasted $71.00. So they say, you need to break them in??!! I'll keep you posted. Our final stop on the way home was a fabulous little Italian restaurant in the souk near our home. The kids did great in their high chairs sitting by one another and reading books & playing with toys. We enjoyed getting different dishes and tasting a little bit of everything. My favorite was the fungi pizza. Yum Yum!! All in all, it was a great day with the dads! Wish it could happen more often on a Monday!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Suzanne - yes, you are stylin now! The high-schoolers have been wearing those Birkenstocks for years now. Sam has two pairs - very worn out but will not put anything else on her feet. They will make your feet hurt at first until you wear them in - then I guess you just don't want to take them off. I have the black thong ones - they are ok - I can do with or without them. Sam wears them too(same size feet we have) so she thinks they are hers! Very expensive. So glad you are enjoying yourselves everyday. Do you ever just relax and stay home to chill???? Take care.....Amy
Post a Comment