and a little of that!! Yes, yesterday we spent the day with our friends Cara & Crue. We were gone for about seven hours with two CRAZY kids!! We started our day at the Mall of the Emirates...Doing a little "surprise" for our hubby's for daddy's day!! The kids had a ball. Stay tuned for details after the holiday!
Then, we had lunch at a great little cafe. Fayth decided she wasn't going to sit and walked around while eating??!! Is this normal for a 2 year old...or did I need to crack the whip??!!
After lunch, Cara took me to her favorite furniture store..."THE ONE." Well, I hit the jackpot. I have not bought anything really for my "home" back home. Well, my future home since I am homeless in the states. But one thing is for sure...that brown and pink kitchen will be back stronger than ever!!!!!!!! I want white cabinets this time & brown "cafe like" counters and space to display all of my favorite things!! So...I got these great candle stick holders with speckled PINK on them!!!!!! I was peeing my pants with excitement!!!!!!!! They are my "shabby chic" style and will be great on a buffet, island or anywhere in the future kitchen. I am actually bringing them home this summer to collect dust in the Evenson's basement with the rest of our SH&*!!! Now...for my decorator friend Kristen & "cousin" Kathy (who has the best house ever)...question...should I try to find a THIRD? They say odd number, right? Well, they only had two but I could hunt a third one down if need be...Please let me know...ASAP!!
Next, we went to my favorite furniture store, "Marina" because of the HUGE sale signs in the window. AGAIN...Jackpot...I have WANTED this suppose to be spice thingie (very traditional to the Arabic culture...spices are EVERYWHERE and fresh!) since we've moved here but haven't wanted to spend the money. I want it for our office desk here and HOME someday...we want to do a black and white theme with perhaps a lime green or blue turquoise accent & bring home artifacts from here for our office. It will be the room in our home that will remind us of our adventure here...
Anyway, it was on sale and cha-ching...I am now the proud new owner of it!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!
Our next stop was the Dubai Mall. We heard about the sales going on at a children's' clothing stores and had to hit it. Well, poor Fayth...3T were SOLD OUT (she needs NO 2T)...but our little friend Samantha, who is turning one, she has a great new birthday outfit coming her way!!
Finally, pooped out and about 5:30...instead of going home...we hit the food court and devoured Baskin Robins ice cream!!!!!!!
So our day was truly..."A little bit of this...and a little bit of that!" Fun times!!! Did I mention Fayth passed out cold and literally fell over on the car ride to the Dubai Mall. Wish I had a picture of that!!
**Well if this blog isn't all over the place...I tried to proof read and decided it was too difficult**
4 comments:
I can not believe you got one of the spice rack things. How much were they? Email me and tell me. I really wanted one when I was there. Are they still on sale? Glad Samantha will have a great new outfit thanks.
Hey Girl-
Love the Stix. A pair is great- no need for a third, too much of a good thing is just Too Much!! I thought of you today it was 84 here and I thought I would die- then I thought of you and laughed!! Sad we won't be seeing you this Memorial Day weekend. Talk to you soon
Kristen
The candle sticks are so you....2 is perfect when your dealing with candles. Try and find a bowl or platter. I love the look ...it would go perfect in Bens room now the guest bedroom!!!! I did it all in pink & black!!! Miss you guys!!! Have a great Holiday weekend
Kathy
I want a spice rack thing too!
Cindy :-)
Post a Comment