Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Spirit??!!

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" but I've been asking myself...do I have that Christmas Spirit??!! I can honestly say without the cold, snow, and lights & decorations on all the homes...I'm not really feeling it!! Yes, some people in Dubai have lights, trees, and festive Christmas things but it's just not the same. So when you're driving down the street this year... don't take the snow, beautiful trees, festive homes, and all the decorations for granted. They truly make you feel the Christmas Spirit...not to mention the yummy hot cocoa and candy canes...It's just not the same.
Although, Gammy has been sending us beautiful singing X-mas cards and gorgeous scenes by Jacquie Lawson...so this has been helping our spirit. Fayth looks forward to these cards and says "more, more, more!" I am also using the line, "Santa is watching you...better be nice and not naughty!" So this shows some spirit, RIGHT??!! I think I say this a few dozen times a day. Those terrible two's are quickly approaching!!!!
Anyway, from Sunny Dubai...we truly wish you and your families a wonderful Christmas & Happy New Year! Only 12 days and counting...Merry HO HO!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We got your beautiful Christmas card- if you don't have the Christmas spirit you sure fake it well! We will be sending our cards late- trying to get a photo of 3 kids under 4 at least looking at the camera (let alone smiling) is no easy task- we are currently on attempt number 4! Miss you- Emily and crew