Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friends, More Friends, and a Mexican Fiesta

Since we've been home, despite the HORRIBLE stomach flu, we've tried to make time for many visits with our friends. Unfortunately, we just haven't been able to see everyone we would have liked to see. However; we have had wonderful quality visits with many and have more to come!
I must say I am lucky to have such wonderful friends. I must tell you...RuthAnne & Kristen...my "old" teammate and former social worker friend came over to the Evenson's home on Thursday night with a MEAL ON WHEELS...Mexican Fiesta! RuthAnne knows my favorite food is Mexican and she prepared a delicious meal for us to enjoy. Papa Dick was the only one home and had to share his home with all ladies...me, a little blondie, a big blondie dog Maggie Mae, and RuthAnne & Kristen. The ladies did however serve him a homemade margarita and he enjoyed their fine cooking!!
It has been fun catching up with friends. I must say, I don't feel so far away with email, access to the Internet and Skype. It's like we haven't missed a beat!!
Thanks to all of our friends rearranging schedules and making time to see US!! We love ya and miss you guys!!

No comments: