Today after a wonderful morning at Safa Park, blog and photos to come later, we went to a Grocery Store I've only been to one other time called Choithrom. I had forgotten how FABULOUS and HOW MANY AMERICAN PRODUCTS they carry!!! A mom that I know through Briargate, who lived here many years ago, told me to check it out. She shopped there all the time. Well, I kinda forgot about it but now I'll have to make monthly stops. It isn't the newest, nicest, biggest, or cheapest store but we hit the jackpot there today. They had tons of Weight Watcher food, Libby's pumpkin filling for pumpkin pies, and even a Barbie Advent Calendar!!!! When we walked in and saw an entire display of Christmas candy, Advent calendars, and wrapping paper...I freaked out...you'd of thought we just won little lotto. I didn't know I was being watched by the check out clerks and they were all staring and laughing at me!! Fayth was so excited for the calendar because I was freaking out and she doesn't even know what it is!! We did one last year but she doesn't remember!! Let's just say it was 71.00 US dollars for "not a whole lot" but worth it for us and some of our American traditions!! It was a quick run through because someone needed to get home to nap so I will be headed back SOLO this weekend!!! Can't wait!!! Oh, the little things that "excite me!"
***Double click to enlarge and look closely at the Carnation Milk can...one side is in Arabic and the other in English...when you live here it's just second nature...but when you don't and visit like Tom and RuthAnne just did...they loved seeing all the Arabic writing everywhere...on McDonald's signs, coke cans, stop signs, etc...
1 comment:
Wow we don't even have that weight watchers stuff here. Never have seen the stuff you got before. Happy Eating.
Love The Carasso Family
Post a Comment