Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Busy Busy Days!!

On Sunday, Jon took the day off and we went on a driving tour of Dubai and headed to Ibn Battuta for a new "world" shopping experience. We were suppose to be spending the day at the Atlantis water park but we've had MAJOR rain everyday so far since Jill & Steve have been here so we deviated from the itinerary and headed to another MALL. On Sunday, there were floods everywhere because Dubai doesn't have drainage systems. We made the best of it and started our day with a yummy breakfast at the More Cafe located at the Gold and Diamond Park. We sipped warm cappuccinos and ate huge portions while Fayth downed a BIG FAT CHOCOLATE MUFFIN! That evening, we went on a walk in Downtown Burj Dubai and got to see the HUGE dancing fountains, the lit up streets & date trees, and the gorgeous Address Hotel. We ended up at Morelli's Gelato in the Dubai Mall. Fayth had here jammies on and thoroughly enjoyed the Gelato! She didn't care one bit she looked like "white trash!" It was a relaxing walk. We had some good laughs!!
Then on Monday, everyone minus Jon, headed to the Mall of the Emirates. We met Jon in the food court for lunch. Steve had been dying to have Lebanese and Fayth was dying for a pretzel dog!! They both had "happy" tummies after lunch! Then, Jill and Steve experienced the BIG SLOPE!! NO, they didn't ski, but they got to bundle up in down coats over their shorts and skirt. They rode up the chair lift, took pictures, made snowangels, and rode back down. All for the low price of 27.00 US for two people!! Actually, that is quite cheap for the "Experience!" They LOVED it and took some great photos. When they got out of the slopes, their noses were actually RED and cold. It was well worth it!! Something they will remember forever!!
While they were riding the chair lift, Fayth and I were riding the merry-go-round "Bug Style."
And finally, at nighttime, Jill and I headed to the famous Karama for cheap Louis Vuitton, every other brand knock off, and good times. Steve got to bake cupcakes with Fayth until Jon came home. He is such a trooper. Fayth had an Easter program on Tuesday and I wanted her to bake cupcakes to take. Steve ended up doing most of the work and they turned out super cute. Thanks...Stevie!!
While they were having fun in the kitchen...Cara, my girlfriend, "the pro of Karama" scooped us up at 4:45 in the pouring rain and we headed to Karama. I don't even think I can explain...it was unbelievable! Ask me sometime when I'm home and I'd be glad to give you more details. I ended up with a super cute Louis Vuitton wallet/wristlet and Jill negotiated a great TODS purse knockoff! We had fun, with prego Lauren, walking through the muck & puddles and eating our homemade PB Pitas and grapes. Yes, I packed us lunches...and we were happy we had them. We shopped until 9:00...it was a real workout!
So, as you can see...BUSY BUSY Days!!

No comments: