On Saturday, we got dressed up and headed to the races! Little did we know we were going to be joining some of the fanciest ladies we'd ever seen. It was a "wear dark sunglasses" and "check everyone out" day!! Jill and I had a blast people watching while Jon and Steve were truly into the horses...but don't think for a minute they weren't gawking at all the hot babes and boobies!! It rained on and off and we even witnessed an engagement right before our eyes. Of course it was very romantic and brought tears to our eyes. We were in line getting our photo taken to be a part of the Ahlan! magazine...and a man proposed to his girlfriend right in front of us!! We will be buying all the magazines this week and hoping our "mugs" are in them. I'll let you know.
As for being in the STYLE STAKES and HAT competition...we chickened out! We looked like the "poverty stricken" and decided not to be a part of it!! Our husband's told us we were beautiful and fit right in so that made us feel good. I took over 100 photos and there are some fascinating hats and clothes so if you have a minute or two I'd watch the slide show!! We had a nice time and Jon was in heaven watching the "horsies" run!!
PS...Also includes the OLD lightning show I've already posted (d0n't know why??!!)...but goes well with the territory because the entire time Jill & Steve have been here it has been raining!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment