Monday, March 2, 2009
Yes...We are Home!!
Sorry for the delay in "blogging"...just a little out of whack and jet-lagged at this end!!
The second leg, Dulles to Dubai, was great! Fayth slept about seven hours up front, with a little milk to top her off every so often...that seemed to really work! Then we played, read books, did the fabulous...Color Wonder (thanks Kathi & Karen) and watched part of Nemo. Unfortunately, Tinkerbell wasn't showing...which means Suzanne needed "Geek Squad hubby Jon" for support in using the DVD on her computer!! All in all, it was a great trip. I wasn't even crabby when we got home! AMAZING! I would do it again all by myself.
It feels great to be home!?!?! No suitcases, no loading the car, NO SLEEP...am I sure it feels great to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????
Our first night was spent eating Mac-n-Cheese and playing dollies from 2:00-5:00 a.m....then Jon sent us both back to bed. That didn't seem to work...so the three of us had a slumber party on the couches. Good thing we have an "L" shaped couch!!
The second night...well, it really SUCKED...sorry for the language...but we were all up from 10:38 p.m. to 4:30 am...trying everything...even the "scream it out" method...then our concierge called...and there was a complaint...yeah, exactly..."Just Great!" Now we are hated by our neighbors.
Last night...well, it started out great...Fayth went down at 8:00 and stayed down until 11:00 p.m...then she insisted I come sleep in her room. So, scared to death of the neighbors and her screaming, I did just that. We were sleeping & chatting all night long. She stayed in HER bed and I stayed in mine until about 3:00 a.m....then meltdown time started. She wanted to crawl in bed and I said "NO" (don't want to start this now)...At about four, Jon came in and threatened her and it worked!! We both fell dead asleep after that and slept until 9:30 a.m....that's the best stretch I've had in awhile!! So see, daddy can be tough...however; usually...he's the softie!!
So tonight...I am optimistic!!! Please pray while you are reading this, we are resting and reviving our neighbors friendship!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment