Thursday, March 12, 2009

Safa Park

Yes, there is GREEN in the desert! Today Cara, Crue, Dana, Max, Fayth and I headed to Safa Park to enjoy the weather. Safa park is centrally located in Dubai. It is a HUGE park with five different entrance gates. There is a special jogging track around the perimeter with soft cushy flooring...evidently great for jogging. There are play areas all over...probably 15 or more and a pond for paddle boating and fishing in the middle. It is a great "hang-out" and we really had fun today. In the one picture you can see the Burj Dubai towering over the rest of the city. I loved this shot. Also, a history lesson, the trees that LOOK like palm trees are NOT...they are date trees and provide the healthy snack that is HUGE in Dubai...yummy dates!! Dates are sold at all grocery stores, markets, and specialty shops. They are great for you and high in fiber. Do I like them? I am starting to!!! Paired with some walnuts and coffee...they make a good snack.

No comments: