Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Day in History...

Today, March 15th, marks a BIG DAY in history for Fayth. She mailed off her 'nookies' as we call them, to a few babies in the USA. We made long letters this morning and she cried, then I had her kiss them and we sealed them into two separate envelopes. We headed to the local Hallmark to buy our stamps. Then we walked to the Al Manzil where we always drop our mail. Fayth was a Big Girl and didn't shed a tear when she put them in the mail. Our friend Mohammad was there to help. He is the head of the valet at the hotel and LOVES the heck outta Fayth. We see him all the time on our way to and from school. He praised her and made a huge deal with me! Then we went to the toy store and looked around. I believe the 'Nookie' fairy might bring a gift for Fayth tonight...we'll have to wait and see.
Motherhood has been a "rewarding process"...but this...not so fun in my eyes! She loves the heck out of her 'nookie' and I hope we make it through the week. For her, it's giving up something she truly loves and gives her comfort. But like I told her, we BOTH have our blankies for back-up! So, off to her journal I go...this is something I need to write down. Enjoy the photos and please say a prayer for Jon and me...and FAYTH, too!
P.S. Gammy & Gramie were going to get the cards & nookies but he said they wouldn't make it through the post office system...so I'm bummed and now they are in the trash at the Al Manzil...or I mean they are on there was to the Maternity Ward at Northwestern Hospital. Ha!

No comments: