
Now that we have been living here over a year...it's officially our home...for at least another year probably two!! Anyway, last night I became a "kinda local"and took part in an Emirati tradition. By this I mean at 7:30 p.m. KellyAnne picked me up and we headed to the Dubai Mall to shop. Now it's really nothing I can put into words but "OH, MY!!" Every FRIDAY night in Dubai is like Kohl's at the "Day after Thanksgiving Day Sale!" and I am not kidding or exaggerating one bit! You have never seen anything quite like it. These "folk" are night owls and they have ALL of their children out with them. We just don't know how they do it. However; nannies are a big help!! There also seemed to be "no recession" here...KellyAnne and I had to pick our jaws off the ground a few times when we saw the amount of designer bags in tow. Louis Vuitton was making sales like Kmart and "blue light specials!" We shopped until 11:45 p.m. and then hit the food court for a late night snack!! The sad thing, we both could have kept on going. We had a ball...I mean an absolute ball!! We tried on clothes, hit the clearances at H & M, shoe shopped, modeled purses, X-mas shopped, and chatted nonstop for five hours that seemed like two hours!!! We've decided we will make this OUR monthly tradition. It only seems right to respect the customs & country we live in, RIGHT??!! See it's no biggie...kids are in bed and hubbies are thrilled to "get rid of us" and have some peace and quiet!! Still, I just can't believe what I saw!!
No comments:
Post a Comment