Friday, January 15, 2010

Healthy Food

Fayth came home saying that she was learning about "vitamins & minerals" and good foods to eat. She rattled off bananas, apples, chicken, carrots, yogurt, cucumbers, milk, cheese, popcorn, and she went on and on!! We were very impressed and decided she is "learning" and not just socializing at school. She also said chips are "crap" food and we about fell off our rockers!! But in all actuality...she is correct!! That's just not the language she should be using!!
Anyway, tonight for dinner we had ASPARAGUS!! Yum Yum!! She really liked it. So the teacher in me started thinking...after dinner we will do a project while Jon cleans the kitchen. She has show and tell every Tuesday and we continue to take books, trinkets, and memorabilia from various fun things we do around town. This week...we will go with the monthly theme...NUTRITION...so we painted WITH fresh asparagus a stalk I drew and then googled the health benefits of Asparagus!! The one I found most intriguing...helps with wrinkles!! Yippee!! She had a great time and will have an extra special show and tell next week!! The best part...we talked all about how our pee is going to smell like it in a few hours...I guarantee she'll remember to share that next week!! Wanna place bets??!!
P.S. Notice I used my new birthday printer to add a photo to the poster! Thanks, Pookie...I Love It!!

1 comment:

dionne said...

This is a great post. The "chips are crap" comment made me really LOL! Too Funny! She is clever. What a creative, cute, informative show & tell! Good Work Evenson Girls! xoxox from Milwaukee....

p.s. wait until she starts talking to Jon about Diet Coke! oh no! :)