Thursday, January 14, 2010

Speical Guest, Special Treatment

Yes...our special "fly-in" "fly-out" guest was my dad and his co-worker Todd. Well, Jon was nice enough to arrange a VIP visit (which means line jump, go straight to the top with a guy with a badge, and don't pay) for my father and Todd. So, he scooped them up at the airport, they checked in to the downtown mall "The Address" hotel and headed for a greasy cheeseburger first. They had just spent a week in India and were dying for grease and dt. coke's with ICE!! Then the amazing experience started!! Holy Maholy...my dad LOVED LOVED LOVED it and couldn't stop talking about the view, the height, and the way the entire experience is put together. This of course, made Jon feel so good...he loves to "show-off" this stuff because he is proud, and should be, of his work for the tower!! So, what was I doing...waiting for them at the mall with a "pouty" look! I will get to go soon as well, however; Jon didn't want to have all four of us go together which I totally understood! The three men together looked important...add me, a stroller and a loud sassy almost 3 year old and we would have gotten some great looks from the guests in line!! So, needless to say, Dad loved it & so did Todd and appreciated the gesture!! Of course, Fayth got a souvenir, a cutie T-Shirt with camels on it that she put on like right away!! After that, we met them in the mall for a tour of it. This way Fayth got to see papa for a few hours! She was good until the end when she threw the BIGGEST, LOUDEST, PHYSCOIST, tantrum we've ever seen. We buckled her in the stroller and she wanted NOTHING to do with it. Todd has three girls of his own, 2,4, and 6...so I'm sure he was use to it. In all actuality, kinda glad dad got to see it...now when I tell them "how naughty she has acted on Skype" I won't get that, "Are you kidding me look...she's such an angel!!" He will fully understand!!! She chilled out and we walked over to see his amazing room at the hotel. By living here...we don't get to see that kind of stuff. I loved his room and have decided if I ever need to escape a night...that's where I'm headed!!! Just kidding, Jon...I'd never do that. It was a great afternoon and more to come for the evening!! Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Schlee family said...

WOW- that is amazing! I hope I get to see that view! :)