Sunday, January 17, 2010

THE WORLD'S BEST COOKIE...

It may be up for a battle with my frosted cookie cut-outs (says Jon and KA) but if you ask me.............the recipe below makes the World's Best Cookies............and I just got introduced to them over the holidays at Kristen's house!! She made them and Jon and I about died and went to heaven when we bit into one. Then, we took the leftovers up to Milwaukee & Dave, Robin, and Jon were fighting over who was going to eat the last one!!! They are to die for so you must try them out!! Thanks Kristen...yum yum!!! I think I did good. And if you notice...I decided to add a walnut to the top of each one. We don't have the frosting in the spray can here so the tops were not pretty ( I just used milk chocolate frosting in a can)...SOOOO, I decided to plop a walnut on top. I think they look good and I'm so happy I now know how to make them!! Happy baking.
Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies (from Kristen Gaida) 1-19.5 oz. package Pillsbury Classic Traditional Fudge Brownie Mix (my box did not say this exactly) 1/4 cup butter, melted 4 oz. cream cheese softened 1 large egg 1 cup powered sugar 1 cup Jif creamy peanut butter 1 can Pillsbury Easy Frost No-Fuss Frosting-Decadent Chocolate Fudge (has decorator tip) (blue container) Heat oven to 350 degrees Beat brownie mix, melted butter, cream cheese, and egg in medium bowl, approximately 50 strokes until well blended (dough will be sticky) Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets to make 24-36 cookies; smooth edge of each to form round cookie. (I got around 31 cookies) Mix powdered sugar and peanut butter in small bowl with spoon until mixture forms a ball. With hands, roll rounded teaspoonfuls peanut butter mixture into enough balls for the number of cookies. ( I always have extra, but if you use it all you will have more peanut butter flavor ) Lightly press 1 ball into center of each ball of dough. Bake 10-14 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheets at least 30 minutes. Spread thin layer of frosting over and around peanut butter portion of each cooled cookie. (I just put a dab on the peanut butter ball so that it still shows. I think it's nicer looking when you can see the peanut butter) I was told to use the name brands for this recipe for the best results:) ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Schlee family said...

It's already on our list for Mia's birthday party. We aren't doing a cake since she and Dave and I don't really like cake. So it will be cupcakes for the kids, chocolate chip cookies (mia's fav) and these wonderful treats for the adults! Hope they turn out, I won't be practicing ahead of time.