The ladies of South Ridge headed to the new Nivea Spa at the Dubai Mall. This was our last outing before we all hit our homeland, for months, this summer. Some of the girls have already left and others start ditchin' Dubai next week!! We will ALL be back in September (I think I'm the latest to come back here...as Fayth is not in a school academy...just preschool). It started out at Karen's for Sangria & yummies. The Sangria went down WAY TO GOOD for most of us...so, we hit the taxis instead of driving!!
Then, at the spa we all headed our separate directions for various treatments. I "ran" around and embarrassed everyone with the camera of course!! I even took a picture in the bathroom. The tile was so "Nivea!" Nivea is HUGE here in the middle east! Some of the treatments included, 1/2 body massage, detoxifying massage, sport massage, eyelash tinting (I really need to try this...it totally works), manis and pedis, and the list goes on. I had a 60 minute Swedish & Sport massage done by Warren. He was the bomb & it happened to be one of the cheapest and best massages I've ever had!! I will be returning to see my new 'little' and I mean 'little' Filipino friend. I loved him the minute he said after the massage...you look like someone...someone Hollywood...I can't put my finger on it...I stood up and he said...OH, Cameron Diaz!! It's the eyes and great smile. Well, how can I not love this man!! Notice he didn't tell me my legs, arms, and body looked like hers!! Oh, well. I'll take it in the face. So, it continues, from Vegas to Chicago and then the Middle East, I always get "Cameron Diaz"...I really can't see it AT ALL...but I'm totally fine with it!!! Who wouldn't be...Now, can I just have her wardrobe??!!
Anyway, after being totally relaxed and feeling like GLUE...we got our makeup spruced up, spent millions on makeup because we all fell in love with the "inexpensive brand" and headed to the new Karma Cafe in the Souk Al Bahar! It is owned by the Budda Bar, a great bar here in Dubai, a HOTSPOT for years! So, this new Karma Cafe that overlooks the fountains, is said to be the new HOT hangout. I just happened to love the hot pink lighting, chandeliers and fabulous dark lighting!!! We sat outside and enjoyed the view. Inside people were starting to dance to the live DJ and enjoying the huge atmosphere. Remember...we weren't looking all that spectacular so outside was perfect & calm!! If it wasn't for the two ring leaders, Karen & Ann, who wanted to hit the cafe, I think I could have come home and fallen over!! However; it turned out to be the BEST night. Some snacked on Sushi & prawn rolls while I tried a "new" treat, edamone, and loved it!! If you don't know...they are little beans you pop out of a pod. Yum Yum!! Drinks were yummy and conversation was even yummier. A bit "racy"at times...sorry, can't share all the goods!!! As always, a great time with my "Dubai darlings!"
1 comment:
Sounds like fun. You are so funny. The little green pods are called edamame. They are soy beans and very popular with sushi. I eat them all the time as a snack. When you come home costco sells a big bag of two. Love them.
Post a Comment