Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Bow-ture Bow-tique"

has a nice ring to it...doesn't it??!! Well, we sure hope it catches the eyes of locals and expatriates in the area because KellyAnne and I have "started a little craft business!" It all started the day we moved here over a year and half ago...everywhere we go we get stopped and asked, "Oh, your daughter's bow is so cute...did you get it here in Dubai? We can't seem to find any cute bows here!" Well, the final straw and kick in the butt I needed was when KA and I were at a playarea a few weeks ago and a grandma enquired about the cutie bow that was in Fayth's hair. KellyAnne said, "DONE..Let's do it!" So hours and hours later...we have ordered a ton of supplies (shipped them to our friends PJ & Kristen who are coming over for a visit in March), worked on our labels, named ourselves, asked a local friend that is home right now to bring back glue guns, glue sticks, and business card labels, practiced making the bows, asked RuthAnne to craft up a few display bow boards (thanks to her hubby Tom...they even have beautiful varnished stands he made) and spent endless hours talking about our new venture! We are so excited! WE hope to make some money and have fun all at the same time! We will be setting "up shop" at Festival City Mall once a month, having an add on Dubizzle (local Craig's list), going to schools, dance studios, sending out fliers, and begging our friends to "PASS THE WORD!" We also plan to do the local flea market and perhaps holiday craft shows. We need fingers & toes crossed for us and lots of hours to craft some fabulous bows!! And...if it's a BIG OLE' FLOP...Fayth's girlfriends will be receiving bows for the rest of their lives!! Stay tuned throughout the next few months and hopefully year to follow us on this adventure!!

5 comments:

Schlee family said...

YEAH! How exciting! This must have been the news you were referring to in the email. :) You guys will do great! I want to place an order! :) (seriously!)

kathryn said...

OMG Mrs. E! That is SO SO cute! I hope it turns out good!
Xoxoxoxxoo..Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm sure they will be a HUGE hit in Dubai. Post pictures and be prepared to take orders so you can pack a suitcase full of your goodies this summer... or maybe I will make PJ & Kristen bring home my order! You are amazing for taking the leap to move to Dubai and now start up this business- you are an inspiration. Hugs- Emily

Jill C said...

Good Luck Suzanne. I think this is a great idea and I am sure you will do great. Can not wait to order some cute bows for Samantha. Make sure to get some pictures up when they are done.

PJ said...

I didn't know I was your pack mule bringing in contraband from across the border!