Tuesday, February 23, 2010

LIGHTS...CAMERA...ACTION...

and BIG BIG BIG NEWS...and NO...I'm not pregnant!! We have been DYING just DYING to "spill the beans" to someone but didn't want to jinx ourselves...however; sounds like it's all going to work out and the CRAZY EVENSON 3 will be featured on the ever popular show "House Hunters-International" on HGTV! And if you know me...you know I don't really even watch TV...but if I do...I have HGTV on during the day! How bizarre!!! Where do I even begin??? Over a month ago I received an email from a casting assistant in NY City for the show. She "found" me off my BLOG, of all places, and asked if we would be interested in trying out for the show that we'd be a perfect match! So, hours and hours later...of emails, VERY DETAILED questionnaires (took me about 4 hours to do), making the "first cuts", then making a home video (thanks to KellyAnne for keeping the secret and taping up...and her hubby for spending hours uploading while Jon has been traveling), and making the "second cuts" and signing off from our landlord we are almost all set! Just waiting to hear from Emaar, the builders of our towers, for the all clear and then...we can start freaking out!!! The crew is all set to arrive and start taping on April 17th...the day after Robin leaves at 2:00 am...and will be here for three days. We will be working from about 8-6:30p.m. everyday and Fayth will be with us for only a bit of the taping! Once again, KellyAnne will "SAVE THE DAY" and watch her the other hours! If you are familiar with the show...a realtor will show 3 properties (they have chosen a young Australian from Better Homes in Dubai...hope he's a hottie!) and then feature a "back story" where you came from and then the final product is your current home you chose & how you are living "now." We are going about this as if we are just now looking in Dubai. The "moving" crew will have to clean out our apartment for the first showing of it. YES...LOADS of WORK...but how fun that THEY FOUND US!! We will also film in Cary on either July 27, 28, or 29th for our back story (they are TOTALLY EXTENDING THIS FOR US)...so Gammy & Papa...better start cleaning now...just kidding...but we will probably have to use the house unless they film us in front of our old home. Can you believe this...I am still in shock!! And what do we get from it besides being "mooovie stars"...a small stipend and a free DVD. However; how cool for Fayth to have when she grows up to look back on. So, if you want a super good laugh...and I mean it...check out our cheesy home video at http://vimeo.com/9466168 and be ready to pee your pants!! Make sure you choose the one with sound!! NOW...just cross your fingers, toes and everything else that we get the o.k. from our tower builder and get ready to grab some popcorn and hit the couch to view your Favorite Funny Family of 3 in Dubai on HGTV!! ***It must be something about HGTV and my family...my sister and her hubby's house in Nebraska was just featured on HGTV in December on, National Open House, however; they didn't live in it yet, it was the model home, and were not part of the show!! We watched it over Christmas and were so excited...can't imagine we will get to be on TV with our 'home!' As for our parents & sis's...don't be po'd...we have been DYING JUST DYING TO TELL YOU...but we couldn't until we felt it was really going to happen!!! YYIIPPPEEEE!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! That is so awesome!!!! I watch that show every night before I go to bed!!!!! I can't wait to see you guys!!! :)

Ms. Mayhem said...

This doesn't even surprise me. This is TOTALLY something that would happen to you! Can't wait to watch and aren't you glad you started blogging?!

Jill C said...

OMG how fun. We watch that show all the time. I hope you guys are able to do this. How fun to film in Cary. I am sure the new people would not mind using their house now. Want me to check? (jk) That would be so cool to see the camera people and all. Would be great for the neighborhood.

dionne said...

Love the video! Fayth made me laugh, she's very funny. And cute too!

PJ said...

Only you. Only you. Do you get any new stuff as a result?

Sally said...

Ethan and Austin LOVE House Hunters. They will be SOOOO excited when I tell them you'll be on it. Can't wait to watch you!!!

Anonymous said...

Suz- So Fun, can't wait to hear the details in person. Question- isn't there perhaps an empty apartment in your building with a similar view etc, so you don't have to ove all of your crap? Sometimes they have the people see a "model" with a smilar plan- would be a LOT let work and headache- just a thought!! (and I didn't mean "crap" so much as "Stuff")

Kristen

Schlee family said...

Very cool news! I totally watch that show too! I am kind of bummed to hear it is so staged though- is it always that way? (i.e. people who aren't really looking for a place because they have already been in the place for 1 1/2 years??)