Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Early Birthday Baking

The morning was spent with KellyAnne helping us bake cookies for Fayth's 3rd birthday party on Saturday. We are having a get together, here at South Ridge, in the Free Function Room in tower 4. It's great because it has an indoor playland next to it for the kids. So, this morning while Ryan ran around and played, Fayth would pop in to help us every so often and then decided being with Ryan was more fun!! She wanted butterflies and flowers to match all of her "party plates & decorations" (thanks again RA...gotta love DEALS $$) so we were lucky enough to find a few new cookie cutters at Waitrose. I was happy to have KA around not only for her help but so Fayth and "mommy" could be in a baking picture together. I'm always the one behind the camera when we bake...but not today...we got some shots together. I just adore her new embroidered apron, yet another ADORABLE Christmas present!!! It totally matches mine which I've had for years!!! So 70 cookies in all...a few sent home with KA and a few for Jon...who might I add asked if we could make him his own special batch! NOT! and the rest...will be wrapped up and hidden for the party on Saturday!! Thanks KA for your help!! It's a LOT easier, quicker and obviously more fun with 2 (sometimes 3) in the kitchen. Christmas killed me, and my back, standing in the kitchen for seven hours!! You're the best!!
***Stay tuned*** More to come in the kitchen later this week. I'm attempting a Barbie Cake and cupcakes of course!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday Fayth! (alittle early I know) Hope you have a great time at your birthday party. Suzanne well done on the cookies and can't wait to see the cake! Miss you, Love Emily

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute Mrs.E! I can't believe Fayth is going to be 3!!!!!

*Kathryn

ra said...

The cookies look great! You are going to have a well coordinated party!!