Someways more than others I feel like I'm right in the heart of Chicago with all the same eateries as in the states...like PF Chang's, Outback, Macaroni Grill, Trader Vic's, Chili's, TGI Fridays, Nobu, ...and the list goes on and on!! Then, there's the shopping, it seems to be a little "higher end" than I'm use to. However; yesterday more than ever I felt a 'little piece of home heaven.' See, Ka, Ryan and I (Fayth was at school) headed to a BRAND NEW MALL in Mirdif called Mirdif City Centre, about 15 minutes aways towards the airport. We've been wanting to check it out. Well, guess what it had...YES!!! Pottery Barn Kids!!! I was beaming with excitement!! I think I was also making some noises, too, and KA was just a bit embarrassed!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE PBK and felt like I was back home in Fayth's bedroom for a few minutes!! They not only have PBK, they have a regular Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, American Eagle Outfitters, Aeropostle, and the list goes on and on!! It was a very "westernized" mall and I think had a Chicagolike feel!! Can't wait to go back with Jon and Fayth. Now...did I buy anything...NOPE...add about 20% to the price that you pay back home in any of these stores and that's what it costs here!! What does that mean for us...Just look, write down sku numbers, come home, shop online, and ship more to Gammy's basement!! ha ha ha!! Now, that's only if I have to have it someday for when we move home!! I'm keeping an eye on some bedding to go on SALE for Fayth!! So, yes...I am across the world but Dubai is changing each and everyday and really has a "homey" feel lately!! Perhaps it is because it is my home right now and I'm still truly enjoying our experience here!! Thanks Mirdif City Centre...you gave me that warm fuzzy feeling!! See ya again real soon!!
My new "dream job"...I think to work in a PBK. See, everyone is just so happy and smiley when they are shopping in one...how could you not be...I think I said cute 100 times!!!
3 comments:
No, I think you said 'cute' more than that!! ;) xxka
Not to worry you -- but they continue to close some Pottery Barn Kids around the US. We just lost ours at Mayfair.
There is no more PBKids at Mayfair Dionne? I am in shock...I thought for some time that I shopped there enough to keep them in business...so sad! :(
Post a Comment