Friday, May 21, 2010

Ceramique Cafe...

Oh, YES, and what a day!! A couple of days ago my galpal and I, with our good buddies, headed over to Jumeirah Beach Road (this time) to the Ceramique Cafe!! As we were entering, I was brought back into time (only by a few years)!! YES...about 25 + KG2 (like 5 and 6 yr. olds) making pottery as a class field trip!! It was LOUD, CRAZY, and there were kiddos everywhere!! It was so loud in there we could hardly hear ourselves think!! Probably a good thing so we didn't hear Fayth giving directions to Ryan & Max on how to do "everything!" That's the little teacher in her however; sometimes it gets annoying!! So, we chose our pieces...a plate for the boys and a jewelry box flip-flop for Fayth!! We followed the directions on our placemats and "went to town!" We had paint EVERYWHERE...and I mean EVERYWHERE!! I took the kids on a "break" to the foyer, to run-off some steam, mid way through...and to take some photos!! We didn't even plan to have them in color coordinated outfits. They looked too cute!! And notice, Fayth is sporting her UAE flag "korker" bows!! Adorable, I must say!! After painting, painting and more painting and using about 100 wipes we headed to McDonald's drive-thru and then to a favorite of mine, Lime Tree Cafe for the moms!! Kids enjoyed their happy meals while we enjoyed our meal. I had pumpkin and bacon tortellini!! Yum Yum...this place has the best and most exotic food ever!! Love it!! I also got some of their famous, gingerbread choc. chip cookies, to take home. Fayth picked out the trucks!! She hated the cookies but loved the frosting on them. I thought of Auntie JILL cuz she loves Gingerbread cookies...just may need to scoop some up before our trip home this summer!! So, next week we get to pick up our masterpieces!! Can't wait!! I think the flip-flop will be "gorgeous!" and the plates "stunning!" Stay tuned...I'll be sure to post the final products!!

***You can kinda see the "few wispies" of bangs if you click on a photo to enlarge it!!

No comments: