Today kicked off our HGTV taping, day one, and boy was it fun!! We still can't believe they are actually in the country, HERE, to film us!! Moving to Dubai and the experience has been "just the best" but this is the cherry on the sundae!! There are three guys we are working with from the states...Dave, the producer, Jeff the sound guy, and David the camera man and one man, George, that is a local TV and film guy. All of them are super nice guys and really make us feel at ease. It was a jam packed day from start to finish. We began on the promenade at the Dubai Mall, then we moved inside to film a few scenes there. From there, we had an outfit change, back at our apartment and headed to the beach. Lauren, Aaron and Veronica met us there so Fayth would have a little buddy to play with in the sand. I was sweating my "You KNOW What" off...I mean just dripping...so hopefully on camera they can wipe-out beads of sweat. It was such an amazing experience. People all around were watching, taking pictures, and smiling at us. It was like we were "local stars"...wonder why no one asked for our autographs!! he he...
Jon did great...just great...and actually talked a ton and looked so calm and cool. They told me I was a natural...and told me it's as if I've done this before. I asked them if they could get me a gig, like Paige Davis use to have, when I return home someday!! We'll see...I'm not crossing my fingers on that one! However; I could get use to this TV thing!!
Then, Lauren and Aaron took Fayth with them and we headed to lunch with the crew. It was great to chat just "normally" and hang with the guys. After lunch, they took a few shots of local hot spots and then we all headed to the old part of Dubai, the Gold Souk in Diera. I, of course, LOVED filming with tons of gold, gemstones, diamonds and jewelry all around!! I was hoping someone was going to come out of their store with a special gift for the "movie star" but it didn't happen!! Oh, well...Pookie may pull through with a Mother's Day gift!!
After some individual interviews and more meandering through the souk...we were done for the day. They called it a "wrap!" We got to head home around 5:00 and the crew had a few more hot spots to tape.
We had some cocktails with Lauren and Aaron and ordered dinner for all of us. They had fun watching Fayth and SHE HAD FUN being with them. I think for the first time in my life...I'm a bit jealous...she told me, "Mommy...Lauren is a great mommy!" She loves Lauren, all her makeup, pretty pink clothes, an how pretty she is...she also loves that Lauren really treats her like a child of her own!! So, it's 8:05, I'm blogging, will mud mask my face tonight...and hit the hay early!! Thoughts about today...so so fun!! Jon and I both feel this is a surreal feeling and can't believe we are being taped for a TV show that will be broad casted internationally. Just cool...so so cool!! Can't wait until tomorrow. Stay tuned...It's our "backtracking" and apartment hunting tomorrow.
4 comments:
Omg sounds like your having fun! Cant wait for the end!
Thanks for inviting us along! We had a blast :) Fayth thinks you a pretty mommy as well! LOL...she cracks me up! Now off to pick out my outfit for the "playground" filming for tomorrow! :D
Looks like so much fun! I also told Dana to Check out the Hannah's Life Is Good Tshirt that Jon is wearing. She will get a kick out of that. HAve fun tomorrow.
Jill G
Thanks for the update- sounds like so much fun! Can't wait for tomorrow's update! You guys look great! Fayth's korkers are cute and the swimsuit looks awesome. GREAT Vanney family picture too, that's a framer!
Post a Comment