Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day One DOWN...and OH...so much fun!!

Wednesday was here and gone in a flash!! We started the day with PJ making his shake, working out, while us gals chatted and caught up. Then, by foot, of course, we headed to Souk Al Manzil & Souk Al Bahar for some window shopping, photo taking, and checking out the downtown area. Fayth was a little on a "high" and not her normal 'perfect' self!! Mommy was getting angry and disciplining all day!! Then we crossed the famous "downtown bridge" and headed into the mall. We went straight for the food court since once little person was STAVING!! After having lunch we decided it was time to head home knowing that tomorrow (actually today) we were returning without "a little person" but with Jon for the grand tour, shopping, and a Lebanese lunch! Fayth passed out cold on the way home and we all napped as soon as we got home. Can you believe...the first night here Kristen & PJ slept fine and I only slept 1 and 1/2 hours...too excited or something!!! Nap time was over and we headed to the pool. The water was like a bath and so much fun. It was a first time for Fayth and I at the pool in months. We hung out in the water and got all caught up on eachother's lives. I left early to come home to prepare a Mexican Fiesta...homemade guacamole, beans, rice, fajitas, chipolte sauce and cocktails a plenty!!! Jon got home early from work and we all chowed down. The "boys" grabbed a coupon and headed out for some late evening golf. They went to a Par 3 course called The Dubai Creek with Aaron and his father as well. It is a floodlit course and they had fun betting on the holes. After golf they went to Jon's favorite bar...Nezussausi...and had a boatload of drinks!! The gals put Fayth to bed EARLY and started crafting while also drinking cocktails. Kristen started by working on her Dubai World Cup hat and I began bow making. As the night progressed we were both laughing, discussing our "men", and busting out bows like no business. Kristen said, "What the hell is this, a sweatshop??" "Am I working for my lodging??" 11:00 rolled around and I was on an hour and half of sleep and ready to fall into the bows!!! We called it a night!!! Day one DOWN...and YES...oh, so much fun!!!!

P.S. Notice Kristen "Laughing her A** Off" as she is pouring our water jug. See...we are cheap here and I like my water room temperature...so you have to pick up the barrel and pour it into the pitcher. She was wondering how I do it when it is first delivered...I told her "muscles" of course!! NOT...it's called JON helps me out!!

3 comments:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Too much fun, do you think they will actually return home? Enjoy every minute!

Schlee family said...

Sounds like you are all having so much fun! Two weeks from today and I am there!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You can truly see their joy. I know you guys are blast- enjoy!! Love- Emily