Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Old Souq Shopping

On Monday, we headed to Diera, the old area of town while Fayth was at school on a special field trip & Jon was at work. We shopped through the gold souq, the spice souq, rode the Abras across the creek, and shopped a bit more for some souvenirs. Kristen bought a gold and emerald stone "authentic & old" looking ring that is just stunning. I, of course, got to do the negotiating, which I LOVE...we got her a great deal!! Then, at the spice souq, Patrick bought himself some saffron for cooking. As you know, saffron is "cheap" here and when people come to Dubai...that is usually the "thing" to buy! The store keeper, gave us a lesson, and then Patrick chose which kind he wanted. It was all very interesting. It was another HOT day down by the creek. Patrick and Kristen loved seeing the way Dubai was over 30 years ago. We enjoyed our morning of shopping. When we returned, they headed to the pool for some much needed rest and "book reading." I scooped Fayth up and came home. I told her we were going to meet them at the pool...and what did she say, "Mommy, I'm tired...I want to sleep!" Are you kidding me, I thought...what kid turns down the pool?? A kid that has been on overdrive since PJ & Kristen have arrived!! She has been "high maintenance" all week and I think she finally wore herself out!! She slept for three hours!! It was another great day with our friends!

No comments: