Tuesday, April 13, 2010
The Day Has Finally Come...
YES...the real reason we made the move to Dubai in the first place!! The Burj Dubai, now known as the Burj Khalifa was our first stop of the morning. Jon made an appointment to bring Robin and me through, VIP style, before it opened for the day, to the general public. We had been crossing our fingers and hoping all week we would be able to get up into this gorgeous building. I have waited patiently for this day for a LONG time!!! It's been stunning to look at from the outside but the inside was even more magnificant!!!
A few fun facts about the Burj Khalifa...It is the world's tallest tower and stands 828 meters high into the sky. The literal meaning of Burj is "tower." Construction on the tower started in 2004 and Jon started working on the project in 2005. The elevator ride from ground to 124 takes one minute. "At The Top" is on the 124th floor and the tower has 160 floors all together. Jon has developed the emergency management plan for the tower. Over thousands of workers have worked on the building and it will consist of an Armani Hotel, residential and commercial space when it is completed. Many areas of the tower are still being finalized.
How can I describe our experience today.....??? breath taking and remarkable!!!!! It is so much more than just a view of the city. From the minute you start until you leave...it is an experience of a lifetime! Jon was proud and so interesting to listen to as he spoke "nonstop" and gave us the GRAND TOUR!! I must say it was a proud "wife" moment and I kept thinking..."What a project to have been a part of!!" So, the long wait is over and I can't wait to go again and take up Fayth. I HAD TO DO A SLIDESHOW BECAUSE EACH PICTURE IS SO AMAZING!!! Enjoy the show!!! Pookie...way to go...Now I know why you've had such a passion for this project!! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very jealous!
WOW, that building is AWESOME. You can tell by the pictures, that Jon is definitely in his element and very proud to be part of this. I can definitely see why you guys took the 3 year adventure in Dubai. What a "once in a lifetime" experience.
Post a Comment