Tuesday, April 20, 2010

HGTV...Day Three...the Final Day!

How did our day start out...hectic. Jon running off to a hotel to "zip up a suitcase" for a scene in the show and then off to his office for a few more shots and me...having a major meltdown and outfit dilemma. See...I woke up "with my friend" & had TIGHT white pants to wear, a striped shirt which got vetoed (no stripes for taping) and a bloated gut with a zit that was just getting larger and larger by the day!!! So, all in all...sounds lovely hey!!! Well, indeed the day did get better. See, my make-up artist, Lauren, saved the day! I arrived for a "pretty-face" and left with a pretty face, shirt and tank top!! Thank goodness for her wardrobe...it was just what I needed!! She not only helped me look good but allowed me to borrow a few plants to "warm up" our apartment. We both got a makeover!! A BIG...THANK YOU...goes out to her!!! Now that's it all over...I'd like to sign up for a makeup lesson, please!! I left her apartment with a better attitude to start the day! Now, all I needed was a huge glass of water and some major Advil!! The day just seemed to get crazier and crazier and was "OH, so much fun!!!" We filmed at the playarea for about two minutes...thanks Miss Dana, Max, Lauren and V...the crew and I appreciated it...Florita and Hector...sorry...we must have just missed you!! Then, we moved upstairs to our apartment. Everyday life...yeah right...a spic-n-span apartment and three year old that was acting like a brat!! Oh, my...it certainly didn't mimic our everyday life...see if Fayth acted like she did yesterday, everyday,...perhaps she wouldn't have much of a life!! Well, we scooted her off to school and continued filming with our second outfit change of the day! After that, we all had Subway for lunch and some major "caffeine" from Caribou as dessert...it was needed as we were all winding down. Then, the apartment EMPTIED...don't want to say to much and ruin the show...let's just say I was having major heart failure inside but wearing a big grin on the outside. The hallway outside looked like "Fricker Hall" on move in day back in college!! In a few short minutes we went from beautiful to barren!! Oh, well...it's all worth it!! I've gotten to walk in the shoes of an actress and actually LOVED IT and so did Pookie!!!! We wrapped up the segment with yet another change of clothes (Robin...won't be what we picked again...NO STRIPES ALLOWED!) and finished it off in the courtyard with the wind blowing and sun shining!! At about 5:30...we were finished! We all came upstairs and broke into the beer! The guys are so fun and we feel like we've known them forever!! They stayed until after 7:00 when it was time for me to get "stinky butt" and believe me...that's appropriate wording. The guys had to head back to their hotel rooms to pack up and jump on a 2:30 am flight. They are all off to Seychelles for the next taping! I can't even imagine having their job??!! It's awesome in the fact they get to travel all over the world but grueling at the same time. Carrying around heavy equipment, having to be on their "A game" and meeting new people all the time, and being away from their families for long trips away! They all have great attitudes about their career and really made this taping experience WONDERFUL!!! I plan on writing the president of Leopard Films to say what great "freelancers" they all are!! So, in the end, was it all worth it..............ABSOSTINKINLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's hope the hard work pays off and the show turns out 1/2 way decent!! I am doing another slideshow since we have about 70 plus photos. At one point, Jeffery, my sound guy friend, got ahold of the camera and had some fun!! Thanks guys for the good times!! We will remember it forever!!

5 comments:

The Vanneys said...

Haha You are too funny! You are free to borrow my plants anytime ;)

Sally Wirtz said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! Can't wait to see the real show. Thanks for sharing all the inside details Suz. My boys reluctantly watch HGTV sometimes before bed (I think they are secretly addicted like me) and they are so excited that someone we know will be on the show.

Jeff Archer said...

Suzanna, Fayth and Pookie, thank you all for a great time and for showing us all the crazy that makes Dubai unique and special. Your energy was infective and truly inspiring especial in 100 degree weather. If you find yourself in Philly, please look me up..............chances are I'll be somewhere else?

Jon thanks for helping us gain access through all the check points, Suzanne thanks for the kind words in your email, and Fayth thanks for keeping us all on our toes.


Your Sound Guy - Jeff

Schlee family said...

LOL, that hallway does resemble Fricker Hall on move in day.
Some really great photo's today! You guys look great and it sounds like it was a blast! I bet you'll be happy to chill out a bit now and get Fayth back on a regular schedule. She sure has been a trooper!

dgeisenberg said...

Hey Suzanne and Jon!

Just now having a chance to comment, but wanted to thank you guys for a really fun shoot! It was a wild ride but I'm sure your episode will turn out great.

David, Jeff and I had a blast with you and really enjoyed your company while we were in Dubai. Thanks for being such troopers.

Take care!

Dave