took place at the brand "spankin" new Meydan Racecourse. It was so GLAM I can't even stand it and "OH SO MUCH FUN!!" From start to finish we posed for photos, drank, ate, checked out the hotties, drank some more, bet within our group and laughed all night long!! This world cup was by far in a league of it's own!!
We went with not only our friends PJ and Kristen, but with Arron, Lauren and his folks who are in visiting from Minnesota. It was a fashion event to die for. So many women were wearing gorgeous dresses, elaborate hats, and killer heels!! Now...camera girl (that's me) was having a little too much fun this year and didn't photograph near as much as last year! Let's just say "boozie suzie" made a return and it was with a vengeance!!
The racecourse is almost indescribable! It's HUGE, very modernly designed and so so clean. The entire thing is not even finished yet but it was to OPEN for the races!!
Us gals...were about 10 minutes to late to sign up for the hat competition...bummer...cuz we so were going to do it...BUT...none the less...we had a blast checking out the ladies that were in it!! And "my o my"...some outstanding outfits and hats!! My favorite, btw, is the brunette in robin's egg blue on top, brown on the bottom, and her hat is brown and amazing!! I can't say it enough...it was an "EYE candy event" all around!!
I must say, Jon, the horse connoisseur, was in heaven. Good friends, good drinks, and horsies a plenty!! The event, of course, brought back wonderful feelings for Jon, of his grandfather Dewey, and their "shared" love for horses!!
We were photographed by the paparazzi a bunch of times so we'll see if we make the magazines!! Hoping to make the one we made last year called, Ahlan!! But, today, I'm off to buy the local papers and special World Cup editions.
We did a bit of betting, amongst ourselves, and I totally won the "doubled" one that had been carried over from the previous race!! Lucky me...YES...definitely helped towards the babysitting costs.
Before the final race, there was an unbelievable show! It was like something out of Cir De Sole...and beautiful. There were Arabian horses with Arab men and their white robes riding them in the darkness of the night with gorgeous lighting and sound effects. They must have let off over a 100,ooo white balloons and as they sailed into the sky it was a peaceful moment!! The show included fireworks, air gliders with sparklers, acrobats, and so much more!!
As the night came to a finale for us...there was the most amazing firework show EVER!! The entire show was like our "grand finales" in the states!! HUGE, LOUD, BEAUTIFUL and lit-up the desert sky!! Just breath taking, really!!
So, can you tell...we had an outstanding time!! Unfortunately, we were tired, "a little tipsy" (some of us) and wanted to head home for the babysitter so we missed out on the Elton John/Santana concert! I'm a little sad about that but it was time to come home and relieve Mary. We still didn't get home until after 11:30 and left the house at 3:00. A long day in three inch heels!!
Fayth was watched by our house cleaner, Mary, who she loves!! Veronica came over as well and Fayth was PUMPED beyond belief. To say she was in "V's" face all night is an understatement I'm sure. This am in bed...I got a play by play of the evening from Fayth. She just adored having Veronica here. Mary couldn't believe how Fayth new her way around the complex, to the playarea, and even what numbers to push on the elevators. She said the girls were angels and so much fun!! I think that means...HURRAY...more nights out as "adults" in our future!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOO...an AWESOME Dubai 2010 World Cup!! And as Lauren said, we need to "amp" it up next year and start working on our outfits NOW!! Any takers...we'd love to have ya join us!!!!
***I will post a slide show of the event...but here are a few of our favorites if you don't want to view the whole thing!***
3 comments:
Wow how awesome. You guys all looked great. I guess if you ever move to another country again we will have to make our visit on the back end. Things just keep getting better and bigger in Dubai don't they. That is ok, we loved every minute of our trip and being with you guys. Keep having fun.
Very cool. Looks like you guys are having a blast together! Enjoy. I bet it's so nice to have friends from HOME visiting! We miss you. xoxoxo (p.s. more UPDATES please...asap. You must be having a ball...you're slacking!!!)
We had such a blast. I could do that every weekend. In the picture of V and Fayth, they look like they could be sisters! Very cute :)
Post a Comment